Styles all models and flats for online product photography for Torrid and Blackheart to assure that the highest quality images are produced. Works closely with the digital photographer(s), web production artist(s), and art director to integrate new merchandise to be sold on the site while maintaining merchandising standards. Performs stylist work for marketing shoots on occasion. This position reports to Photo Studio Manager.
• Supports the merchant and marketing brand(s) visions, assuring the highest quality product images are photographed for e-commerce.
• Manages flow of product during photo shoots by maintaining order with the varying levels of merchandise and product categories. Ensures all necessary products are in-studio prior to photo shoot and prioritize high priorities and re-shoots.
• Prepares models to be photo-ready by ensuring all items are steamed, neatly worn, and fit appropriately.
• Collaborates with merchant creative services teams to make sure site image is represented appropriately and is in sync with in-store visuals in all images.
• Maintains a substantial styling closet of clothing and accessories, consistently marking out of stock merchandise so that no aged merchandise is used during photo shoots.
• Works with digital photographer to style and photograph all product flats for e-commerce.
• Work with art director to style Marketing editorial photo shoots.
• Consistently researches current and upcoming trends in fashion, retail and lingerie.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education
• 2 or 4-year degree in fashion design, marketing, merchandising or related field.
• Minimum 4 years of prior styling experience in fashion/retail editorial, lingerie, product, and still-life photography.
• Extensive knowledge of apparel on-body and flat styling techniques for across the retail industry and in various fashion categories, with specific attention fit for both intimates and the plus size body.
Competencies & Skills
• Basic working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
• A superb eye for trending, style and visual composition.
• Proven experience with on-set standards, demands and need for attention to detail. Ability to creatively problem solve in a high-volume workflow studio.
• Experience with merchandise coordination and demonstrates set management skills. Self driven.
• Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
• Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
• Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.