The Visual Specialist-Communications supports the creation and interpretation of visual merchandising standards in the stores. Additionally, the Visual
Coordinator ensures the efficient operation of the Visual Merchandising Department by maintaining effective communication with the Merchandising,
Marketing, and Store Operations Departments. The position reports to the Manager, Visual Merchandising-Hot Topic.
• Primarily responsible for the layout and production of any internal visual communication for all Hot Topic stores (i.e. POG, weekly refresher, product
• Prepares for publication, organizes, and uploads files of all visual departmental communication.
• Assists in written communication necessary to create POG document, weekly updates, visual standards manual and other visual communication to Hot Topic
stores with approval from VP Marketing and VP of Merchandising approve communications.
• Photographs in-store presentations and edits images for company wide visual direction and communication.
• Manages the sample process for all visual communication.
• Communicates with the merchant team on a regular basis to receive timely information on new product flow, key items, and merchandise focuses.
• Collaborates with Buying/Merchant Team, Planning/Allocation, Store Ops, Visual Department in the creation of merchandise floorsets, window concepts and
• Assists in the “life-styling”, product flow and placement of store merchandise in order to drive sales volume.
• Supports hands-on merchandising for store sets and other visual projects.
• Participates in weekly department meetings as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education
• High school diploma or GED; AA degree preferred.
• 12 months of experience in production artwork and final production skills to produce materials for use in visual and other related communication
documents, including producing written communications that provide direction, share product knowledge.
• Knowledge of fashion design and visual merchandising.
• Proficient knowledge of the English language.
Competencies & Skills
• Expert in Adobe Creative Suite; specifically InDesign and Photoshop.
• Strong production artwork and final production skills to produce materials for use in visual and other communication documents.
• Strong experience and knowledge of page layout, and information formatting.
• Clear communicator and able to present information to HQ partners and store teams.
• Ability to accept and process feedback and take instruction in the company standards
• Self-starter with strong, proven organizational skills, self discipline, strong decision making capabilities, and problem solving skills.
• Accountable for results by meeting deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
• Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all requests promptly and thoroughly.