Crabtree & Evelyn Position Description
Position: Sales Professional (Part-Time)
Department: Retail - Field
Reports To: Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position will maximize sales through assisting customers in the selection and purchase of merchandise, while following all company standards, policies and procedures. Maintain the store merchandising standards and restocks merchandise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
I. Sales/Customer Service: Selling is the number one responsibility, with customers being the number one priority.
· Meet or exceed all store-assigned sales and productivity goals.
· Adhere to and practices all corporate selling skills programs, goals and guidelines.
· Maintain a client book. Adhere to and practices all corporate and store clientele development and preferred-customer programs, goals and guidelines.
· Acknowledge all customers within 30 seconds of entering the store and offers friendly, prompt and courteous service.
· Obtain merchandise requested by customer and successfully processes telephone orders utilizing the Crabtree & Evelyn Telephone Etiquette guidelines.
· Identify customer needs, answers customer questions regarding price, location, features, benefits and use of product.
· Continually develop product knowledge by adhering to and practicing all corporate and store product information, selling suggestions and guidelines.
· Prepare merchandise for purchase or delivery by wrapping, bagging and packaging products in accordance with corporate and store guidelines.
· Resolve customer complaints promptly and successfully by investigating problems, developing solutions and making appropriate recommendations to store management.
· Attend and participate in all mandatory store meetings and corporate promotions.
· Inform customers of current promotions and invites customers to return by mentioning future tasting, special events and pending arrival of new products.
· Adhere to all corporate and store dress-code policies and work-schedule times and dates.
· Participate in all store and corporate contests and special events.
· Complete all sales by accurately processing all forms of payment. With management authorization, effectively process returns, voids, store credits and gift certificates.
· Foster a team attitude and is open to constructive feedback.
· Receive and price product by stamping, marking and tagging.
· Help set up advertising and promotional product displays.
· Display merchandise by stacking, maintaining stock levels, cleaning shelves, counters and tables.
· Communicate all potential health or safety issues to Store Manager. Comply with all corporate safety and security procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Brand & Service Focus
· Influence, Communication & Presentation
· Financial Management
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certificates and Licenses:
Education and/or Experience:
Must be sixteen (16) years of age or older. Prior retail sales experience preferred.
Basic understanding of computers.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as company policies, operating practices, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to develop routine reports, analysis and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to a mild fragrance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
Crabtree & Evelyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer