Hard Rock Hotel San Diego: As authentic, passionate, irreverent and unpredictable as music itself.
Backstage, green rooms and red carpets. Working at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is not quite like working at a vanilla hotel. Hard Rock's team is as passionate and authentic as rock itself. Our mission is to serve from the heart: An entourage of staff hell-bent on working with the best, being the best, and delivering an experience guests will actually want to talk about. After all, this is Hard Rock and the ordinary and staid will not do.
If you kick ass at what you do, and have a true passion for service and music, separate yourself from the crowd and be noticed.
We’re auditioning for professional, outgoing, and outrageous personalities to fill the role of Bell Attendant.
As a Bell Attendant, you’re the one that can make the guest’s arrival experience rock. Let your friendly personality shine through as you provide our guests with an effortless, entertaining and informative arrival experience that lets them know that the party has started.
Key responsibilities of a Bell Attendant include:
• Greeting all guests and offering assistance with baggage
• Conducting lobby and in-room orientations when escorting guests to their rooms
• Assisting individuals and groups with check-in, check-out and room changes
• Providing information regarding hotel events, outlets, amenities and directions and ascertaining which services could enhance the guests’ stay
• Delivering guest newspapers, messages, packages, amenities, etc.
• Storing and retrieving luggage for guests from the luggage storage area
• Covering concierge and door areas during breaks as needed
• Maintaining presence during peak traffic periods
• Managing and resolving all guest complaints and compliments in a professional and courteous manner
• Listening and responding to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Maintaining an up to date working knowledge of all property amenities as well as any special events
• Maintaining an up to date working knowledge of local area attractions and things to do around the hotel
The ideal Bell Attendant will have exceptional communication skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for positive, friendly, upbeat individuals who can deliver service that rocks.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Understanding of lifestyle hotel products and guest services
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Ability to participate in the creation of an enjoyable work environment
• Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy
• Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner
• Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing
• Ability to move throughout the hotel (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time
• Ability to occasionally move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends