Hard Rock Hotel San Diego: As authentic, passionate, irreverent and unpredictable as music itself.
Backstage, green rooms and red carpets. Working at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is not quite like working at a vanilla hotel. Hard Rock's team is as passionate and authentic as rock itself. Our mission is to serve from the heart: An entourage of staff hell-bent on working with the best, being the best, and delivering an experience guests will actually want to talk about. After all, this is Hard Rock and the ordinary and staid will not do.
If you kick ass at what you do, and have a true passion for service and music, separate yourself from the crowd and be noticed.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Restaurant Manager to help lead our team at Maryjane’s Coffee Shop.
The Assistant Restaurant Manager is responsible for assisting in overseeing and directing the daily operation of restaurant service at Maryjane’s. The Assistant Restaurant Manager assumes all of the duties of the Restaurant General Manager in his or her absence.
Key responsibilities of the Assistant Restaurant Manager include:
• Supervising and directing the prompt, efficient and friendly serving of all food and beverage
• Supporting the entire Food and Beverage operation including supervising other areas if necessary, handling special projects, running promotions, handling public relations and marketing
• Assisting servers, bussers and host staff in their job duties as necessary
• Ensuring all opening, closing and running side work is completed on a daily basis
• Acting as a liaison between kitchen and front of house employees and operations
• Interviewing and selecting new team members as appropriate
• Training and developing team members
• Communicating effectively, giving direction, support, timely feedback and recognition of performance
• Working quickly and independently to resolve operational and/or guest issues when necessary, ensuring proper follow through with appropriate manager(s)
• Communicating pertinent information to team by conducting monthly department meetings and organizing and conducting pre-shift meetings on a consistent basis
• Evaluating work procedures, reviewing standards, identifying methods for increasing efficiency or effectiveness and responding proactively to any needs that have arisen
• Developing and implementing cost saving and profit enhancing measures
• Monitoring labor costs on a daily basis
• Ensuring par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies and stocking shelves
The ideal Assistant Restaurant Manager candidate will have had a minimum of 2 years previous supervisor experience within a hotel or in a high-volume, three meal a day restaurant environment. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Minimum of 21 years of age to handle alcoholic beverages
• Two years previous Food and Beverage supervisory experience required
• Extensive knowledge of Food and Beverage outlet operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques and guest servie
• Ability to take initiative and ownership to resolve problems
• Ability to manage a diverse workload, prioritize and delegate in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Possess a basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
• Ability to stand, walk, and move around during entire shift
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with team members and guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Must have the ability to work with guests and respond immediately and accurately to their needs and requirements
• Must have a valid alcohol awareness certification or be capable of obtaining certification
• Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card or be capable of obtaining one