Hard Rock Hotel San Diego: As authentic, passionate, irreverent and unpredictable as music itself.
Backstage, green rooms and red carpets. Working at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is not quite like working at a vanilla hotel. Hard Rock's team is as passionate and authentic as rock itself. Our mission is to serve from the heart: An entourage of staff hell-bent on working with the best, being the best, and delivering an experience guests will actually want to talk about. After all, this is Hard Rock and the ordinary and staid will not do.
If you kick ass at what you do, and have a true passion for service and music, separate yourself from the crowd and be noticed.
We are currently looking for a Housekeeping Manager to support the Director of Housekeeping in the daily operation and leadership of our Housekeeping Team.
As a Housekeeping Manager, your responsibilities will include:
• Supervising the Housekeeping and Laundry teams to include providing open communication, training, coaching and counseling and providing performance feedback to ensure maximum efficiency
• Completing room updates and communicating with the front desk for early arrivals, departures and extended stays in a timely manner
• Checking rooms (check-out and occupied) daily to ensure that the quality standards are being maintained by the Room and House Attendants
• Ensuring that all guest rooms, public areas and back of the house work areas meet the established standards in order to maximize guest satisfaction and revenue
• Assisting with hiring Housekeeping Team associates
• Maintaining proper inventory of linen and supplies, purchasing needed linen and supplies while staying within budget
• Administering monthly safety trainings and updating safety binders, attending safety training
• Attending staff meetings, performing daily pre-shift meetings and other meetings as needed
• Creating weekly schedules for room attendants, housemen, and laundry staff
• Monitoring house count and making staffing/scheduling adjustments accordingly
• Writing work orders and submitting them to Engineering
• Assisting team where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests
The ideal Housekeeping Manager will possess strong communication skills, a clear understanding of guest service in a hotel environment and demonstrate leadership abilities.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Minimum of two years housekeeping supervisory experience in a hotel property of similar size and quality; experience in a 4 Star or 4 Diamond property preferred
• Knowledge of Hotel policies applicable to housekeeping, especially those relating to safety and security of guest and Hotel property
• Knowledge of basic sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals
• Ability to coordinate and cooperate with other departments regarding housekeeping services/activities
• Ability to stand, walk, bend, reach and move continuously to inspect rooms on all floors of the Hotel
• Must be highly organized, results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced changing environment
• Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner and exhibit good judgment
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Strong interpersonal skills: ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and flexible
• Must have excellent supervisory and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
• Multiple language abilities preferred, fluency in English required