Hard Rock Hotel San Diego: As authentic, passionate, irreverent and unpredictable as music itself.
Backstage, green rooms and red carpets. Working at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is not quite like working at a vanilla hotel. Hard Rock's team is as passionate and authentic as rock itself. Our mission is to serve from the heart: An entourage of staff hell-bent on working with the best, being the best, and delivering an experience guests will actually want to talk about. After all, this is Hard Rock and the ordinary and staid will not do.
If you kick ass at what you do, and have a true passion for service and music, separate yourself from the crowd and be noticed.
We’re looking for a Restaurant Greeter/Host to join our kick-ass crew at Maryjane’s Coffee Shop!
As a Restaurant Greeter, you’ll be the first glimpse at life behind the velvet ropes for our guests and it’s your time to shine. You’ll welcome our guests and invite them in to join the fun.
Key responsibilities of a Restaurant Greeter include:
• Greeting all guests with a rockin’ welcome
• Acknowledging all guests using the 10/5, First and Last Rule
• Escorting guests to tables and assisting in seating, ensuring hotel standards of service
• Handing off the guest to the server by name
• Anticipating the guest’s needs and personalizing service by using the Guest’s name while entertaining them
• Answering questions about menu items, atmosphere and dining experience
• Monitoring reservations, VIPs and Special Guests, communicating information to all parties involved with servicing the guest
• Answering questions about the hotel, memorabilia and music
• Answering questions about local area attractions and things to do
• Ensuring that menus are accurate, clean and free of rips and/or stains
• Assisting guests with locating their server if needed
• Keeping entrance area neat and clean
• Maintaining a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times
• Taking reservations and maintaining reservation book
• Assisting in preparing the restaurant for service and maintaining the cleanliness of the restaurant at all times
The ideal Restaurant Greeter candidate will be detail oriented, have a passion for delivering excellent service, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Ability to stand, walk and move around during entire shift
• Ability to deliver Kick-Ass service to each hotel guest
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card or be capable of obtaining one
This software is the confidential property of PeopleAnswers and contains proprietary information belonging to PeopleAnswers. Any unauthorized access or unauthorized reproduction of this information will be considered a criminal act and will be pursued accordingly.