Hard Rock Hotel San Diego: As authentic, passionate, irreverent and unpredictable as music itself.
Backstage, green rooms and red carpets. Uniforms designed by a rock star. Working at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is not quite like working at a vanilla hotel. Hard Rock's team is as passionate and authentic as rock itself. Our mission is to serve from the heart: An entourage of staff hell-bent on working with the best, being the best, and delivering an experience guests will actually want to talk about. After all, this is Hard Rock and the ordinary and staid will not do.
If you kick ass at what you do, and have a true passion for service and music, separate yourself from the crowd and be noticed.
We’re auditioning for professional, outgoing and outrageous personalities to fill the role of Senior Roadie.
Key responsibilities of a Senior Roadie include:
• Coordinate ICW approvals
• Coordinate any VIP green room check in’s
• Coordinate any room drops
• Coordinate any transportation necessary for guests/groups
• Coordinate any key packets needed for guests/groups
• Perform Roadie duties as needed and scheduled
• Ensure all amenities are set up and delivered to the proper client/contact
• Produce necessary breakfast vouchers for guests/groups
• Be present to” Welcome “ groups to our property
• Prepare resumes for respective groups
• Identify and communicate all VIP’s associated with the group
• Communicate any “Early Bird” opportunities with group registrations
• Participate as needed in the weekly BEO/pick-up meetings
• Attend any scheduled Pre-Con’s and/or Post-Con’s on or off the property
• Coordinate details of all assigned groups once the signed contract and credit applications are received from the client
• Manage rooming list for city-wides, groups and rooms only blocks
• Follow up with client to ensure room block pick up prior to cut off date
• Meet with event planners during post-event meeting to obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., sleeping rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels and overall satisfaction
• Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with direct reports, peers and entire event planning team, and be visible and accessible.
• Ensure effective communication among the team and all other departments to execute performance and meet and exceed clients’ expectations
The ideal Senior Roadie candidate will have at least one to one year of experience as a Coordinator and/or Roadie at a lifestyle brand hotel with a proven track record of success. If you have high performance standards, a high level of enthusiasm and thrive in a fast-paced team environment then you just might be the candidate that we’re looking for!
The minimum requirements for this position are:
• Minimum one year experience as an Coordinator or Roadie
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to create a positive atmosphere for guest relations and internal guests
• Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
• Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
• Problem solving and decision making skills
• Ability to lift, push or pull up to 25 pounds
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• Working knowledge of Opera/PMS system a plus!
• Working knowledge of DELPHI and experience a plus!
• Ability to work a flexible schedule is required