Hard Rock Hotel San Diego: As authentic, passionate, irreverent and unpredictable as music itself.
Backstage, green rooms and red carpets. Uniforms designed by a rock star. Working at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is not quite like working at a vanilla hotel. Hard Rock's team is as passionate and authentic as rock itself. Our mission is to serve from the heart: An entourage of staff hell-bent on working with the best, being the best, and delivering an experience guests will actually want to talk about. After all, this is Hard Rock and the ordinary and staid will not do.
If you kick ass at what you do, and have a true passion for service and music, separate yourself from the crowd and be noticed.
We’re looking for a Restaurant Server to join our kick-ass crew at Maryjane’s Restaurant!
As a Restaurant Server, you’ll be responsible for providing our guests with accurate and efficient service, ensuring that guests receive an attentive and appetizing dining experience that allows them to refuel before joining the fun that the Hard Rock Hotel has to offer.
Key responsibilities of a Restaurant Server include:
• Greeting guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explaining all specials, promotions and food items on the menu
• Taking orders, using a guest check/ticket
• Answering questions about menu pricing, preparation, ingredients and plate presentation
• Memorizing and promoting daily specials
• Making food and beverage recommendations to guests as appropriate
• Up-selling appetizer specials, desserts and beverages to improve average check and guest experience
• Ensuring the guest needs are met, including keeping beverages full, providing additional condiments and/or food items, and checking back with guests during their meal
• Presenting check in a timely manner
• Collecting payment and providing change in a timely manner
• Balancing end-of-day paperwork, including cash, credit card and due backs with minimal errors, overages or shortages
• Completing side work
• Supporting other areas of the restaurant as necessary
• Maintaining a complete knowledge and understanding of menu items
The ideal Restaurant Server candidate will have at least one year of restaurant server experience, exceptional communication skills, and a passion for delivering excellent service. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Minimum of 18 years of age
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Possess a basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
• Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 30 pounds through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift
• Ability to stand, walk, and move around during entire shift
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Must have a valid alcohol awareness certification or be capable of obtaining certification
• Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card or be capable of obtaining one