Hard Rock Hotel San Diego: As authentic, passionate, irreverent and unpredictable as music itself.
Backstage, green rooms and red carpets. Uniforms designed by a rock star. Working at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is not quite like working at a vanilla hotel. Hard Rock's team is as passionate and authentic as rock itself. Our mission is to serve from the heart: An entourage of staff hell-bent on working with the best, being the best, and delivering an experience guests will actually want to talk about. After all, this is Hard Rock and the ordinary and staid will not do.
If you kick ass at what you do, and have a true passion for service and music, separate yourself from the crowd and be noticed.
We’re auditioning for professional, outgoing and outrageous personalities to fill the role of Entry Level Event Manager.
Key responsibilities of an Entry Level Events Manager include:
• Coordinate details of all assigned groups once the signed contract and credit applications are received from the client
• Review meeting space requirements and insuring that all space is blocked correctly
• Follow up on reservations to ensure reservations are received prior to cut off date
• Contact the client prior to cut off date to review pick up
• Contact client to coordinate meeting, banquet and restaurant requirements
• Prepare banquet event orders to the client specifications and send to client for signature
• Prepare VIP amenity requests when necessary
• Prepare and distribute a group resume and/or coversheet depending on the complexity of the group
• Assemble and distribute 14-day group packet to include resumes, cover sheets and banquet event orders to all departments on a weekly basis
• Contact all banquet clients 72 hours prior to their event to review their final arrangements and guarantees. Communicate all changes and additions to the necessary departments
• Prepare and distribute the “Daily Event Sheet” and “Change Sheet” by 5pm each day for the following day. (Saturday, Sunday and Monday will be distributed on Friday.)
• Participate in the daily and weekly BEO meeting
• Establish and maintain an effective up selling strategy to maximize revenue opportunities
• Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with direct reports, peers and entire event planning team, is visible and accessible to associates
• Ensure effective communication among the team and all other departments to execute performance and meet and exceed clients’ expectations
• Ability to manage time effectively
• Meet with event planners during post-event meetings to obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., sleeping rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels and overall satisfaction
• Maintain accurate, organized and up-to-date group/client file
The ideal Entry Level Event Manager candidate will have at least one to two years of experience as an Event Coordinator or Event Manager at a lifestyle brand hotel with a proven track record of success. If you have high performance standards, a high level of enthusiasm and thrive in a fast-paced team environment then you just might be the candidate that we’re looking for!
The minimum requirements for this position are:
• Minimum one year experience as an Event Coordinator
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to create a positive atmosphere for guest relations and internal guests
• Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
• Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
• Problem solving and decision making skills
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• Knowledge of DELPHI and experience a plus!
This software is the confidential property of PeopleAnswers and contains proprietary information belonging to PeopleAnswers. Any unauthorized access or unauthorized reproduction of this information will be considered a criminal act and will be pursued accordingly.