Hard Rock Hotel San Diego: As authentic, passionate, irreverent and unpredictable as music itself.
Backstage, green rooms and red carpets. Uniforms designed by a rock star. Working at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is not quite like working at a vanilla hotel. Hard Rock's team is as passionate and authentic as rock itself. Our mission is to serve from the heart: An entourage of staff hell-bent on working with the best, being the best, and delivering an experience guests will actually want to talk about. After all, this is Hard Rock and the ordinary and staid will not do.
If you kick ass at what you do, and have a true passion for service and music, separate yourself from the crowd and be noticed.
We are currently looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor to support the Director of Housekeeping and Housekeeping Manager in the daily operation and leadership of our Housekeeping Team.
As a Housekeeping Supervisor, your responsibilities will include:
• Checking rooms (check-out and occupied) daily to ensure that the quality standards are being maintained by the Room and House Attendants
• Ensuring that all guest rooms, public areas and back of the house work areas meet the established standards in order to maximize guest satisfaction and revenue
• Reporting all maintenance issues to Ground Control in a timely manner
• Assisting with/expediting special guest requests such as requests for extra towels, blankets and/or pillows
• Working with team members to develop their skills
• Assisting team members in securing all supplies and tools necessary for the completion of their jobs as the need arises
• Assisting team where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests
The ideal Housekeeping Supervisor will possess strong communication skills, a clear understanding of guest service in a hotel environment and demonstrate the ability to supervise others.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Minimum six months housekeeping supervisory experience in a hotel property of similar size and quality; experience in a 4 Star or 4 Diamond property preferred
• Knowledge of Hotel policies applicable to housekeeping, especially those relating to safety and security of guest and Hotel property
• Ability to stand, walk, bend, reach and move continuously to inspect rooms on all floors of the Hotel
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Strong interpersonal skills: ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and flexible
• Ability to read and write basic English in order to complete forms such as a room status report and/or room inspection form
• Ability to provide clear direction, instruction and guidance to team members
• Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines
• Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
• Multiple language abilities preferred, fluency in English required
This software is the confidential property of PeopleAnswers and contains proprietary information belonging to PeopleAnswers. Any unauthorized access or unauthorized reproduction of this information will be considered a criminal act and will be pursued accordingly.