Hard Rock Hotel San Diego: As authentic, passionate, irreverent and unpredictable as music itself.
Backstage, green rooms and red carpets. Uniforms designed by a rock star. Working at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is not quite like working at a vanilla hotel. Hard Rock's team is as passionate and authentic as rock itself. Our mission is to serve from the heart: An entourage of staff hell-bent on working with the best, being the best, and delivering an experience guests will actually want to talk about. After all, this is Hard Rock and the ordinary and staid will not do.
If you kick ass at what you do, and have a true passion for service and music, separate yourself from the crowd and be noticed.
We are currently looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our team with Evolution Hospitality at The Hard Rock Hotel San Diego.
Payroll Job Responsibilities
Key responsibilities of a Payroll Specialists:
• Processing timely and accurate biweekly payroll, including time edits, tip declaration, gratuity distributions and incentive disbursements in compliance with state and federal labor laws
• Maintains and ensures accurate daily labor reports
• Communicates effectively with the leadership team on labor trends and areas for improvement
• Processes direct deposits and wage changes
• Completes bi-weekly payroll compliance audits reporting for employee breaks, overtime performance, processes, etc.
• Makes journal entries for labor accounts
Other responsibilities may include but not limited to:
• Processing invoices and accounts payables requests
• Performing accounts receivables functions to include: accounts receivables billing, posting payments and making collection calls
• Work closely with the Director of Finance of miscellaneous tasks
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
• Minimum of two years of experience in a payroll leader position
• Experience in general ledger posting, analysis and reconciliation
• Aptitude for performing numerical analysis of data and formulating conclusions and/or solutions
• Ability to use logic to define a problem, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret information and deal with abstract variables for unique or unfamiliar situations
• Must possess strong oral and written communication skills so as to ensure successful relationships with property-based finance leaders and to conduct effective group meetings and presentations
• Ability to comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas
• Superior Computer skills in Microsoft Office, time and attendance systems, payroll processing platforms, and the ability to create, maintain and analyze data in Excel spreadsheets
• Ability to work a varied schedule, including days, evenings, weekends, holidays, and extended hours, based on business needs