Hard Rock Hotel San Diego: As authentic, passionate, irreverent and unpredictable as music itself.
Backstage, green rooms and red carpets. Uniforms designed by a rock star. Working at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is not quite like working at a vanilla hotel. Hard Rock's team is as passionate and authentic as rock itself. Our mission is to serve from the heart: An entourage of staff hell-bent on working with the best, being the best, and delivering an experience guests will actually want to talk about. After all, this is Hard Rock and the ordinary and staid will not do.
If you kick ass at what you do, and have a true passion for service and music, separate yourself from the crowd and be noticed.
We’re auditioning for professional, outgoing, and outrageous personalities to fill the role of Concierge.
As Concierge, you’re the keeper of the key to San Diego. Whether our guests want to party like rock stars or have a quiet, romantic evening, you’ll be responsible for handling all guest requests with a “Bring it On” attitude.
Key responsibilities of a Concierge include:
• Maintaining a knowledge about all aspects of the local scene…what is new and hot
• Establishing contacts with local venues to ensure the best service for our guests
• Providing information and/or answering questions about local area attractions and things to do
• Coordinating all guest requests for special arrangements or services in a courteous and efficient manner
• Maintaining a current, detailed, and organized collection of information on the area activities, events and businesses
• Informing guests of hotel services, features and room amenities
• Recording personal preferences in guest’s profile history
• Escorting VIPs to assigned guest rooms
• Attending to immediate needs of VIPs upon arrival and following through with attention throughout their stay
The ideal Concierge candidate will have a minimum of 2 years concierge experience in a 4-diamond rated property. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Detailed and intimate knowledge of San Diego and surrounding areas a must
• Understanding of lifestyle hotel products and guest services
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Ability to participate in the creation of an enjoyable work environment
• Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy
• Ability to multi-task in a high-profile, high-traffic environment
• Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing
• Ability to use logic to define the problem, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret information and deal with abstract variables for unique or unfamiliar situations
• Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions and/or short correspondence and memos
• Ability to move throughout the hotel (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time
• Ability to occasionally move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds
• An operational knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
This software is the confidential property of PeopleAnswers and contains proprietary information belonging to PeopleAnswers. Any unauthorized access or unauthorized reproduction of this information will be considered a criminal act and will be pursued accordingly.