Hard Rock Hotel San Diego: As authentic, passionate, irreverent and unpredictable as music itself.
Backstage, green rooms and red carpets. Uniforms designed by a rock star. Working at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is not quite like working at a vanilla hotel. Hard Rock's team is as passionate and authentic as rock itself. Our mission is to serve from the heart: An entourage of staff hell-bent on working with the best, being the best, and delivering an experience guests will actually want to talk about. After all, this is Hard Rock and the ordinary and staid will not do.
If you kick ass at what you do, and have a true passion for service and music, separate yourself from the crowd and be noticed.
We’re looking to add a Busser to our kick-ass crew at Maryjane’s Coffee Shop!
As a busser, you’ll be responsible for assisting servers with providing quality food and beverage service to our guests by maintaining cleanliness of tables, service areas and equipment.
Key responsibilities of a Busser include:
• Setting tables according to established standards
• Clearing used tableware, napkins and trash from tables
• Wiping tables, seating, and clearing debris and crumbs from floor areas surrounding tables
• Assisting servers by refilling guest beverages and quickly responding to guest requests for additional condiments, food items and/or clean tableware
• Supporting other areas of the restaurant as necessary, such as setup, cleanup, prep work and equipment maintenance
• Maintaining a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times
The ideal Busser candidate will be detail oriented, have a passion for delivering excellent service, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Ability to stand, walk and move around during entire shift
• Ability to handle, carry and/or lift items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Ability to deliver Kick-Ass service to each hotel guest
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Must have a valid alcohol awareness certification or be capable of obtaining certification
• Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card or be capable of obtaining one