Hard Rock Hotel San Diego: As authentic, passionate, irreverent and unpredictable as music itself.
Backstage, green rooms and red carpets. Uniforms designed by a rock star. Working at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is not quite like working at a vanilla hotel. Hard Rock's team is as passionate and authentic as rock itself. Our mission is to serve from the heart: An entourage of staff hell-bent on working with the best, being the best, and delivering an experience guests will actually want to talk about. After all, this is Hard Rock and the ordinary and staid will not do.
If you kick ass at what you do, and have a true passion for service and music, separate yourself from the crowd and be noticed.
We’re seeking an experienced supervisor to help lead the Guest Room Dining and Minibar departments. The Room Service supervisor is responsible for ensuring a high-quality food product while at the same time developing his/her staff and driving a positive work environment. In addition, this position is charged with consistently improving guest and employee satisfaction and maximizing revenues.
Key responsibilities of a Room Service Supervisor include:
• Overseeing day-to-day operations of the Guest Room Dining, Minibar and Snack Bar Departments
• Supervising the production of all food items to ensure that all orders are prepared, cooked and presented according to standard
• Ensuring the quality of food items
• Supervising and directing the prompt, efficient and friendly serving of all food and beverage
• Ensuring all opening, closing and running side work is completed on a daily basis
• Communicating effectively, giving direction, support and timely feedback
• Ensuring employees follow safety, sanitation and security procedures
• Creating weekly schedules
• Approving and submitting payroll
• Working quickly and independently to resolve operational issues when necessary, ensuring proper follow through with appropriate Supervisor(s)
• Training and developing team members
• Developing and maintaining positive relationships with associates, guests and vendors
• Assisting team where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests
The ideal Room Service supervisor candidate will have had a minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in a room service operation or other F & B outlet. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in a room service operation or other F & B outlet
• Experience in a hotel of similar size and quality preferred
• Background in hotels and/or other large venues a plus
• Ability to listen effectively in order to understand and clarify the concerns and issues raised by associates and/or guests
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Scheduling experience
• Ability to create an enjoyable work environment including mentoring, multi-tasking, strong motivational skills
• Multiple language abilities preferred, fluency in English is required and Spanish is desired
• Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card and Tips certification or be capable of obtaining one