|General Manager– Maryjane’s Restaurant
HARD ROCK HOTEL SAN DIEGO: As authentic, passionate, irreverent and unpredictable as music itself.
The Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego is looking for an General Manager for Maryjane's Restaurant at this 4 Diamond hotel located at the epicenter of San Diego’s entertainment and music district known as the Gaslamp Quarter.
The candidate selected for this position will report to the Director of Food and Beverage.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE
• Responsible for the overall operation of the restaurant service.
• Support the entire Food and Beverage operation including supervising other areas if necessary, handling special projects, running promotions, handling public relations and marketing.
• Dedicated to excellence, teamwork, and guest satisfaction.
• Develop, train, and provide direction for all staff.
• Assist servers, bussers and host staff in their job duties as necessary.
• Ensure all opening and closing and running side work is completed on a daily basis.
• Act as a liaison between kitchen and front of house employees and operations.
• Follow resort policies and procedures when interviewing, hiring, areas of discipline, termination and promotion.
• Oversee the induction of new staff members to Hard Rock culture.
• Maintain effective communication, giving direction, support, timely feedback and recognition of performance.
• Evaluate work procedures, review standards, identify methods for increasing efficiency or effectiveness, and respond proactively to any needs that have arisen.
• Conduct monthly departmental meetings as well as organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes
• Create a positive environment in which all employees have the ability to maximize their potential.
• Listen to comments, criticisms, and feedback from Guests, employees and other managers to gain an understanding of strength and opportunity to improve personal/hotel performance.
• Responsible for month end inventory.
• Schedule and direct staff in their work assignments.
• Organize special events.
• Move throughout facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met.
• Verify temperatures, judge appearance and taste of products and check preparation methods to determine quality.
• Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures.
• Monitor labor costs on a daily basis.
• Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies and stocking shelves.
• Control payroll and equipment costs (minimizing loss and misuse).
• Review and identify problem areas, operational concerns, policies and procedures.
• Monitor the cleanliness of the restaurant.
• Establish clear and precise policy and procedures for the operation in your area. Be prepared to review and modify these procedures when business or guest satisfaction levels warrant.
• Attend weekly manager staff meetings.
• Be knowledgeable in all areas of operations, as well as cover shifts when business warrants.
• Set position and appearance standards.
• Must have a good safety and attendance record and be a positive role model.
• Research existing and potential products and equipment to update and control costs.
• Operate ethically to protect the image of the business.
• Perform duties in accordance with company standards, policies, and guidelines.
• Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the Hotel.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Passionate about the job you do and the results of your efforts.
• A team driven leader able to use collaboration to achieve the best result.
• Making it better than it was before.
• Communicating clearly and directly.
• Always giving the benefit of the doubt.
• Doing everything with gratitude and humility.
• Always doing what you say you’re going to do.
• Leading by example and walking your talk.
• Focusing on what’s important, not urgent.
• Always doing what is in the best interest of the company.
RESTUARANT MANAGER EXPERIENCE
• Two years previous experience in a similar role.
• Thorough knowledge of Food & Beverage outlet operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques, and guest interaction.
• Food Service Sanitation certification or any other government required license or certificate. CPR certification preferred.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate well with staff and management team.
• Must have ability to manage a diverse workload, prioritize and delegate in a fast paced environment.
• Must train, coach, and discipline employees.
• Must be able to work with guests and respond immediately and accurately to their needs and requirements.
• Knowledge of proper procedures regarding employee and guest accidents.
• Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
• Considerable skill in math and algebraic equations using percentages
• Computer skills - Microsoft office (IE: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
• Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
• Ability to move up to 300 lbs., with wheeled assistance.
• Ability to lift up to 40 lbs., and to lift lighter objects overhead.
• Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
• Ability to see and hear to detect and respond to emergency situations.
• Comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
• Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Multiple language abilities preferred, fluency in English required.
Equal Opportunity Employer