Executive Assistant – Hard Rock Hotel San Diego
Located right at the entrance to San Diego’s historic Gaslamp Quarter, one of the most coveted locations in the city, Hard Rock Hotel San Diego’s mission is to spread the spirit of rock ‘n’ roll by creating authentic experiences that rock. Since our doors first opened in November 2007, with a grand opening party headlined by the Black Eyed Peas, we’ve been shattering the status quo. Why? It’s simple. We know the most critical ingredient for success is our talent, and therefore we focus as much energy and resources on our team members as we do our guests.
The Opportunity and Job Summary
We’re auditioning for authentic, outgoing and passionate personalities to fill the role of Executive Assistant. In this position you will be in contact with our greatest asset - our talent. There is incredible growth opportunity in this position for someone who is flexible, intuitive, creative, and passionate about the hotel industry.
Supports the General Manager and his/her team by completing administrative responsibilities. Duties include organizing, composing and distributing correspondence to both associates and guests; initial response and follow up to inquiries and collecting and tracking guest satisfaction information; handling proprietary information in a professional and confidential manner as directed; a advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and capability to learn proprietary systems.
• Assists managers in preparation of various reports and presentations
• Assists with the design and preparation of statistical reports as needed
• Attends, transcribes and distributes meeting minutes as needed
• Makes new and maintains files
• Maintains giveaway/donation files and assists in making reservations
• Provides administrative support to the Executive Team
• Handles confidential and personal information with sensitivity and professionalism
• Composes, produces and signs correspondence on routine matters
• Produces and distributes correspondence as required
• Answers department phones and assists callers as appropriate
• Sorts and distributes mail
• Provides excellent customer service to ensure satisfaction and retention
• Manages the day-to-day operations, ensuring quality, standards and the expectations of the customers on a daily basis
• Attends meetings and participates and communicates as needed with executives, peers and subordinates in an effort to improve quality of service
• Ensures VIP amenity requests are handled in a timely manner
• Signs for managers and release, with specific permission
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring associate understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety
• Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Attending meetings to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate and manage activities
• Working with other people to gather the information necessary to manage projects, achieve goals, and resolve problems
• Informing and or updating the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner
• Participate and drive culture through the Culture Club
Position Responsibilities and Competencies
High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience as an Administrative Assistant or related role OR 2 year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management field, or related field, required.
• Professional demeanor
• Ability to drive results and work independently
• Ability to contribute to teams and foster cohesion
• Ability to interact with co-workers in a positive and open way that builds trust and confidence
• Ability to develop and sustain customer relationships based on a commitment to serve
• Ability to understand and utilize professional skills and knowledge to manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions.
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems
• Ability to use Microsoft Office software such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint and the ability to learn the use of other proprietary software required for the role
• Ability to operate basic office equipment
• Posses basic compute skills, mathematical reasoning, oral comprehension, reading comprehension and writing skills
This software is the confidential property of PeopleAnswers and contains proprietary information belonging to PeopleAnswers. Any unauthorized access or unauthorized reproduction of this information will be considered a criminal act and will be pursued accordingly.