Hard Rock Hotel San Diego: As authentic, passionate, irreverent and unpredictable as music itself.
Backstage, green rooms and red carpets. Uniforms designed by a rock star. Working at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is not quite like working at a vanilla hotel. Hard Rock's team is as passionate and authentic as rock itself. Our mission is to serve from the heart: An entourage of staff hell-bent on working with the best, being the best, and delivering an experience guests will actually want to talk about. After all, this is Hard Rock and the ordinary and staid will not do.
If you kick ass at what you do, and have a true passion for service and music, separate yourself from the crowd and be noticed.
We’re auditioning for professional, outgoing, and outrageous personalities to fill the role of Night Auditor.
As a Night Auditor, you’ll be responsible for helping to make sure that our guests are receive an accurate bill by auditing all charges and postings and correcting work as required.
Key responsibilities of a Night Auditor (aside from remaining awake the entire night!) include:
• Auditing all charges and postings and correcting work as necessary
• Reconciling daily activity and closing all accounts in preparation for the new business day
• Processing, formatting and distributing daily reports
• Checking guests in and out of the hotel in a efficient, courteous and professional manner
• Processing all payments according to hotel requirements
• Interacting with hotel associates in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
• Managing and resolving all guest complaints and compliments in a professional and courteous manner
• Responding to guest needs in a timely manner
• Listening and responding to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice
The ideal Night Auditor will have had a minimum of one to two years experience in a hotel/resort or accounting position. We are looking for positive, friendly, upbeat individuals who can deliver service that rocks.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Must have an operational knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability and desire to acquire extensive knowledge about the hotel, its services and facilities
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Must be willing and have the ability to work overnight shifts (10 pm to 6 am)