Hard Rock Hotel San Diego: As authentic, passionate, irreverent and unpredictable as music itself.
Backstage, green rooms and red carpets. Uniforms designed by a rock star. Working at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is not quite like working at a vanilla hotel. Hard Rock's team is as passionate and authentic as rock itself. Our mission is to serve from the heart: An entourage of staff hell-bent on working with the best, being the best, and delivering an experience guests will actually want to talk about. After all, this is Hard Rock and the ordinary and staid will not do.
If you kick ass at what you do, and have a true passion for service and music, separate yourself from the crowd and be noticed.
We’re auditioning for professional, outgoing, and outrageous personalities to fill the role of Guest Services Agent.
As a Guest Services Agent, you’re the one that can make the check-in experience rock. Let your friendly personality shine through as you provide our guests with an effortless, entertaining and informative check-in experience that lets them know that the party has started.
Key responsibilities of a Guest Services Agent include:
• Checking guests in and out of the hotel in a efficient, courteous and professional manner
• Ensuring that special requests are noted and fulfilled
• Looking up guest preferences and “throwing in” this information during conversation
• Answering questions about the hotel, memo and/or music
• Answering questions about local area attractions and things to do
• Communicating with all departments regarding in house VIPs and any special requests/needs
• Promoting and selling special hotel programs, special rate packages and upgrades when appropriate
• Interacting with hotel associates in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
• Managing and resolving all guest complaints and compliments in a professional and courteous manner
• Listening and responding to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Maintaining an up to date working knowledge of all property amenities as well as any special events
• Maintaining and up to date working knowledge of local area attractions and things to do around the hotel
The ideal Guest Services Agent will have exceptional communication skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for positive, friendly, upbeat individuals who can deliver service that rocks.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• High school degree and/or a minimum of 2 years of employment in a service role
• Understanding of lifestyle hotel products and guest services
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Ability to participate in the creation of an enjoyable work environment
• Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy
• Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner
• Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing
• Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions and/or short correspondence and memos
• Ability to use logic to define the problem, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret information and deal with abstract variables for unique or unfamiliar situations
• Ability to move throughout the hotel (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time
• Ability to occasionally move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds
• An operational knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends