Hard Rock Hotel San Diego: As authentic, passionate, irreverent and unpredictable as music itself.
Backstage, green rooms and red carpets. Uniforms designed by a rock star. Working at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is not quite like working at a vanilla hotel. Hard Rock's team is as passionate and authentic as rock itself. Our mission is to serve from the heart: An entourage of staff hell-bent on working with the best, being the best, and delivering an experience guests will actually want to talk about. After all, this is Hard Rock and the ordinary and staid will not do.
If you kick ass at what you do, and have a true passion for service and music, separate yourself from the crowd and be noticed.
We’re seeking an experienced supervisor to assist the team in leading the Maryjane’s kitchen and staff on a daily basis to ensure a high-quality food product while at the same time developing his/her staff and driving a positive work environment. In addition, this position is charged with consistently improving guest and employee satisfaction and maximizing revenues.
Key responsibilities of a Restaurant Culinary Supervisor include:
• Overseeing day-to-day operations of the room service culinary team
• Supervising the production of all food items to ensure that all orders are prepared, cooked and presented according to standard
• Ensuring the quality of food items
• Ensuring employees follow safety, sanitation and security procedures
• Monitoring and reviewing labor reports
• Working quickly and independently to resolve operational issues when necessary, ensuring proper follow through with appropriate manager(s)
• Inspecting assigned areas and coordinating cleaning activities with kitchen management
• Assisting in the training and development of team members
• Developing and maintaining positive relationships with associates, guests and vendors
• Assisting team where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests
The ideal Restaurant Culinary Supervisor candidate will have had a minimum of 2 years experience in a culinary field or free standing restaurant and supervisor experience. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in culinary field or free standing restaurant required
• 1 – 2 years of supervisory experience preferred
• Demonstrated expert skill level on all cook stations
• Demonstrated leadership skills with a focus on coaching for success
• Ability to oversee the daily operations of the kitchen in the absence of a Chef
• Ability to speak with others using clear and professional language
• Ability to listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees
• Ability to stand, walk and move around during entire shift
• Ability to handle, carry and/or lift items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule including evenings, nights, and weekends
• Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card or be capable of obtaining one
An Equal Opportunity Employer