About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Outlet Manager to join our team at our Hilton Mission Valley property.
As Assitant Outlet Manager, you’ll be responsible for assiting the oversight and direction of the Food & Beverage operation.
Key responsibilities of an Assistant Outlet Manager include:
• Supervising and directing the prompt, efficient and friendly serving of all food and beverage
• Supporting the entire Food and Beverage operation including supervising other areas if necessary, handling special projects, running promotions, handling public relations and marketing
• Assisting servers, bussers and host staff in their job duties as necessary
• Ensuring all side work is completed on a daily basis
• Acting as a liaison between kitchen and front of house employees and operations
• Training and developing team members
• Communicating effectively, giving direction, support, timely feedback and recognition of performance
• Working quickly and independently to resolve operational and/or guest issues when necessary, ensuring proper follow through with appropriate manager(s)
• Communicating pertinent information to team by conducting monthly department meetings and organizing and conducting pre-shift meetings on a consistent basis
• Evaluating work procedures, reviewing standards, identifying methods for increasing efficiency or effectiveness and responding proactively to any needs that have arisen
• Developing and implementing cost saving and profit enhancing measures
• Monitoring labor costs on a daily basis
• Ensuring par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies and stocking shelves
The ideal Restaurant Manager candidate will have had a minimum of 2 years previous experience as a manager in a full service (table service with full bar) restaurant. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Minimum of 21 years of age to handle alcoholic beverages
• Two – five years previous Food and Beverage supervisory experience required
• Restaurant supervision experience within a hotel or in a high-volume, three meal a day restaurant preferred
• Extensive knowledge of Food and Beverage outlet operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques and guest service
• Ability to take initiative and ownership to resolve problems
• Ability to manage a diverse workload, prioritize and delegate in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Possess a basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
• Ability to stand, walk, and move around during entire shift
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with team members and guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Must have the ability to work with guests and respond immediately and accurately to their needs and requirements
• Must have a valid alcohol awareness certification or be capable of obtaining certification
• Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card or be capable of obtaining one