About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
We are currently looking for a Finance Manager to join our team at our Hilton Mission Valley property. The Finance Manager is responsible for assisting the Controller in all finance activities related to budgeting, forecasting, profit and loss reporting and balancing ledgers for operating and balance sheet accounts. In addition, the Finance Manager ensures the completion all accounting activities related to income auditing, cashiering, accounts payable processing, accounts receivable collection, tax compliance, payroll and month end processing so as to ensure financial controls, accurate reporting and hotel profitability.
Key responsibilities of the Finance Manager include:
• Providing direction and training to hotel operational team in areas related to finance, financial reports, internal controls, labor management, payroll, etc.
• Providing direction to the night audit team so as to ensure proper revenue reporting
• Reviewing ledger details daily for guest, city and deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue postings
• Processing timely and accurate bi-weekly payroll, including time edits, tip declaration, gratuity distributions and incentive disbursements in compliance with state and federal labor laws
• Reconciling cash and credit card deposits
• Preparing assumptions and goals for controllable expenses, labor expenses by position and all revenue departments (except room revenue)
• Maintaining checkbook accounting system for all departments to determine purchase approvals and manage spending limits
• Reviewing general ledger details bi-monthly for operating and balance sheet accounts for accuracy
• Completing month end close to include ensuring that adjusted journal entries and accruals are posted by the fifth of the month and reviewing preliminary P & Ls for additional adjusting entries in order to ensure financial results are available n the sixth of the month
• Managing hotel’s capital expense budget and reconciling expenditures
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Hotel Accounting Manager (or similar) at a property of similar size and quality with a background that includes forecasting and/or budgeting
• Experience with budgeting, forecasting, profit and loss reporting and balancing ledgers for operating and balance sheet accounts
• Aptitude for performing numerical analysis of data and formulating conclusions and/or solutions
• Ability to use logic to define a problem, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret information and deal with abstract variables for unique or unfamiliar situations
• Ability to clearly and concisely present technical subjects
• Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
• Ability to comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office and strong Excel skills)