|About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
We are currently searching for a Guest Service and Transportation Manager for our Hilton Mission Valley Property. The Guest Service and Transportation Manager is responsible for leading an exceptional arrival experience for all hotel guests. Additionally, this role coordinates the arrival/departure needs related to parking, luggage and rooming/departure of guests; acts as Lobby Ambassador. Responsible for revenues; expenses; systems; and controls related to the Guest Service and Parking areas.
• Guest Service: Responsible for Guest Service Attendants. Track guest satisfaction surveys and maximize usage of the guest response tracking system to effectively motivate, coach and develop property associates. Consistently motivate and educate to improve upon guest satisfaction and feedback to meet and exceed brand standards.
• Guest Interaction/Issues: As Lobby Ambassador interact positively with guests. Solicit feedback on stay. Take action to resolve problems to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality. Anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring complaints, operational issues, business flow and associate performance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality.
• Brand Standards: Ensure compliance of guest service attendants regarding standard operating procedures and policies. Assist in the consistent improvement of and accuracy and quality of services.
• Inter-department Relations: Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction. Work with sales team to insure maximization of department revenues.
• Parking Systems/Key Control: Responsible for establishing systems and controls for department. Accountable for posting of parking revenues and reconciliation of same in accordance with accounting standards.
• Payroll: Responsible for edits and weekly payroll.
• Checkbook Accounting: Responsible for the development and implementation or controls for expense management for department.
• Staffing: Interview, hire, train, develop, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate of staff members. Ensure timely completion of performance reviews.
• Job Performance Reviews: Conduct performance reviews of designated staff pursuant to Evolution Hospitality policies and procedures.
• Communication: Daily communication with staff, both verbally and in writing as necessary to provide clear direction. Communicate anticipated business demands daily with each associate (arrivals, departures, group functions, etc), ensuring that all pertinent information is documented by staff for each shift daily in communication log book.
• Department Training: Champion training of associates regarding role of department, their position function and importance to hotel’s success. Ensure staff is knowledgeable on all hotel services, features, amenities, area background/history. Ensure regular follow-up training occurs with staff.
• Operating Supplies: Maintain all necessary equipment and a par stock of supplies.
• Staff Assignments: Assign specific tasks as they arise to the staff according to guest needs/business volumes.
• Cleanliness: Monitor and maintain cleanliness and working condition of departmental equipment, supplies, lobby entrance, garage/parking, and luggage storage areas.
• Work Orders: Prepare work orders for department/equipment repairs and distribute to Engineering.
• Pre-Con / Post Con / Staff Meetings: Participate in pre-con / post-con meetings as required. Attend daily/weekly/monthly staff meetings.
• Attendance: Regular attendance in conformance with the standards is essential to the successful performance of this position.
• Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
• Computer literacy and financial management necessary.
• Advanced knowledge of hospitality standards and guest service.
• Must possess thorough knowledge of all guest service attendant functions including valet and driver operations.
• Able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
• Able to remain calm and alert, during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for clerks and other associates.
• Ability to motivate staff and maintain a cohesive team. Ability to ascertain staff training needs and provide such training. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers as necessary.
• Manage multiple tasks at all times and have excellent organizational skills.
• Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
• Ability to manage/enforce hotel's standards, policies and procedures with Guest Service Attendant staff.
• Able to perform coaching; counseling; disciplining in compliance with Evolution Hospitality policies and practices.
• Able to make sound business decisions and take action quickly based on previous experience and good judgment.
• Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
• Able to handle cash and credit transactions.
• Intimate knowledge of local area attractions and transportation.
• Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments; delegate work to staff. Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statues and their comparable state and local laws.
• Must be able to communicate with guests in a clear manner (both written and verbal).