Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
Evolution Hospitality is searching for a talented Director of Operations for our Hilton Mission Valley property. The Director of Operations is tasked with leading a guest-driven hotel with high-quality service that is being delivered through inspired associates. This leader ensures that hotel processes are effective in delivering guest satisfaction in a manner consistent with both brand quality expectations and the hotel’s profitability goals as well as having a strong associate and cultural focus..
30 • Perform key duties including: reading and writing reports, orally communicating with guests, managers, employees, corporate office, local associations, etc. Critically review reports of occupancy, revenue etc. Make judgments and implement changes to maximize profits while maintaining quality and guest satisfaction. Supervise development of and revision to business plan, annual budget and annual and monthly forecasts, etc.
25 • Interview, hire, develop, supervise and counsel department managers and other staff in the efficient operation of their respective area(s), per Evolution Hospitality policies and procedures. Meet with, develop and delegate improvement plans for the operation. Ensure that associate engagement is a strategic priority in all areas. Review the performance of the management team.
15 • Participate in community relations activities and maintain positive public image for the property. Enhance and maintain franchise relations, meeting all franchise requirements .
15 • Physically tour and visually inspect property on a daily basis. Monitor cost control, properly condition, cleanliness and quality of product and service throughout hotel. Greet and maintain rapport with employees and customers.
5 • Facilitate meetings that keep managers and associates well-informed.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the Hotel.
• Monitor Hotel's safety program.
• Report to the property General Manager.
• Conduct room and grounds inspection on weekly basis.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skill and ability and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, , budgeting, forecasting, quality assurance programs, hotel law, and the development of long-range plans.
• Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize, delegate, and control.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with management and staff effectively, clearly and concisely. Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, clear and understandable in order to formulate complex reports and communicate with the public, staff, corporate offices, and owners.
• Ability to move throughout premises and visually inspect conditions including bending, stooping and reaching arms overhead.
• Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
• • Ability to remain stationary and concentrate on tasks for long periods of time.
• Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
• Ability to operate office equipment, e.g.: Computer, photocopier, fax machines, etc.
• Must be able to operate PMS & POS systems at the hotel
• Must possess strong revenue management skills
College Degree or equivalent education, i.e., hotel business college is preferred.
Minimum of three years experience as an Assistant General manager, Resident Manager, Food and Beverage Director or Rooms Director
Experience in all phases of hotel management, including sales and marketing, daily management of all areas of operation involving human resources, food and beverage, finance, revenue management, budgeting & forecasting,, rooms, housekeeping, Engineering, landscaping and administration of services, i.e., water sports and optional activities is preferred
Additional language ability preferred.