MetroPCS Wireless, Inc. was formed in 1994 to provide an affordable, simple to use wireless service for customers in metropolitan areas seeking an alternative to traditional landline or wireless service. Our rapidly growing company offers a great work environment. Visit us at http://www.metropcs.com/ to learn more about our exciting history and to view our job postings.
Manages and coordinates all aspects of wireless site construction from development of construction plans through equipment installation. This position includes responsibility for contractor selection and bidding, telco coordination and power coordination.
• Performs site walks at candidate selection and determines construction feasibility.
• Works with architectural and engineering firms to coordinate all aspects of zoning and construction documents and reviews zoning and construction drawings as part of the red line process to ensure new site development is documented and designed within MetroPCS requirements.
• Establishes general contractor scope of work and prepares general contractor bid packages, bid projects and makes contractor selection recommendations.
• Manages standards of construction for MetroPCS and ensures that all applicable safety and regulatory requirements are followed.
• Orders and coordinates installation of power and/or telco work with MetroPCS in-house coordinators if applicable.
• Orders site specific materials.
• Schedules BTS equipment delivery and installation.
• Inspects and approves completed construction projects and prepares punch lists as required.
• Ensures all construction related milestones are entered into the project tracking system in a timely manner.
• Creates site specific purchase orders for construction activities and approves invoicing pending verification of completion of work.
Minimum Position Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience/education.
• 6 years of construction management experience with wireless projects. Must have general knowledge and understanding of the requirements to submit for building application-construction drawings and documentation and utility requirements.
• Must have construction knowledge of requirements for rooftop installations, tower locations, and raw land locations.
Familiarity with antenna types, antenna mounts, coax, grounding systems and AC power.
• Understand and reads zoning and construction documentation and drawings.
• Multiple site build out experience extremely helpful.