For more than 85 years, Terminix has built a reputation as one of the nation’s leading providers of termite and pest control services, safeguarding over 3 million homes and businesses against all types of pests in 47 states and 14 countries.
What is this role about?
Our Innovation Technicians serve in a key front-line role and are the very heart of what we do. It’s all about providing outstanding service delivery of Terminix products to valued customers.
What does a “Day-in-the-Life” look like?
Equipped with a company vehicle and excellent industry training, our Innovation Techs are out in the neighborhoods Terminix serves visiting residential customers and performing requested exclusion services.
Here are a few specifics of what you would be doing each day:
• Setting up and building exclusion traps, cuts flashing and forms hardware cloth to specifications
• Removing animals trapped in exclusion devices
• Working in a safety harness from roof tops as needed in the performance of exclusion services and wildlife removal
• Interacting with customers and explaining services provided
• Completing production forms documenting services provided
What do I need to be successful?
• Being a high school graduate/having a GED and a valid driver’s license are both requirements
• Three to six months of related exclusion experience and/or training and six months of experience using hand tools and related equipment. The following are much more important…
• You are personable and enjoy interacting with customers
• You are self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
• You can effectively present information to customers one-on-one and in small groups
• You are detailed oriented and understand the importance of safety
• You have a good aptitude for basic math-- necessary for doing calculations related to service
• Of course, given our business, you should be comfortable working outside and in confined spaces like crawl spaces and attics
• For safety reasons (rebreathers have be able to seal to your face) our Innovation Techs aren’t able to have facial hair
Why should I choose Terminix?
In addition to being part of an iconic brand with a rich 85 year history, here are some other highlights of what we offer members of the Terminix Team.
• Comprehensive training and licensure, all paid by the company
• Highly competitive compensation – earning potential of $30,000-50,000 in first year.
• Company provided vehicle (that you can take home with you at night) and gas card
• Opportunities for advancement and career growth – including paths into management level roles
• Medical, dental and vision coverage + discounts on ServiceMaster brands
• Short/long-term Disability and Life Insurance
• Paid time off
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by employees assigned to this classification; they are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Terminix and ServiceMaster are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.