TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
An Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer –
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Under close supervision, responsible for performing a range of common manual labor duties including, but not limited to, lifting and moving materials, loading and unloading lawn care products from vehicles, digging and refilling holes and routine grounds maintenance tasks. Assists specialists with production and provides assistance in an overall team effort.
• Reads production schedule, customer order or work order to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed or serviced.
• Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas. Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
• Operates and/or maintains equipment such as a lawn tractors, spreaders, aerators and seeders.
• Performs routine grounds maintenance or grounds equipment maintenance in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Interacts with the customer onsite as needed to receive further direction regarding area to be serviced.
• May engage in snow or ice removal ice from walks, driveways or parking lots. May rake and mulch leaves, aerate, seed, fertilize, mow and/or repair damaged lawns.
• May assist in the pruning of trees and shrubs.
• May drive vehicle to production locations and assigned areas.
Education and Experience Requirements
• High school diploma or general education diploma(GED); or 0 months to 1 year related experience and/or training in horticulture and/or customer service; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• License and/or certification as required by federal, state or local government.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to travel locally as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.