An Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer – AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
At Merry Maids®, our team members do so much more than clean clients’ homes. They build trust and confidence with our clients. If you’re passionate about going above and beyond, seeking challenging work and meeting interesting people, there’s an opportunity for you at one of the world’s leading service organizations.
Merry Maids was founded in 1979 in Omaha, Neb. Now headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., Merry Maids is the largest home cleaning network in the world. We currently have more than 600 independently operated franchises and company-owned locations throughout the United States and Canada providing cleaning services to more than 300,000 homes each month.
Though we are large and nationwide, our highly trained professionals are committed to providing the highest quality service to each and every customer we do business with. We are also a member of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands® that includes:
American Home Shield, AmeriSpec, Furniture Medic, ServiceMaster Clean, Terminix, TruGreen, and TruGreen LandCare
Each of these companies is a leader in its respective industry. Together, they comprise ServiceMaster, the nation’s largest and most comprehensive service organization.
At Merry Maids, we maintain a working culture that fosters the highest standards of integrity, respect and professionalism. We seek people with strong character and provide them with a unique combination of independence and support, encouragement and opportunities for ongoing development and growth.
Generates sales revenue in assigned territory. Generate lead prospects face-to-face at the
customer’s location for the purpose of selling Merry Maids services.
• Compiles list of prospective customers based on information from ads, community
activities, customer referrals, door hangers and other resources.
• Sells services to new customers.
• Conducts all sales calls at potential customers’ homes (including nights and weekends as
• Determines pricing based on an in-home inspection; and follow procedures for appropriate
• Meet branch standards for bid conversion, total sales, dollars by quarter and weekly/biweekly
customers’ totals and product mix.
• Correctly completes service proposals on IPAD and legibly document customer
preferences, credit card information, detailed instructions and directions to customers’
• Follow-up on leads via telephone or face-to-face contact.
• Use the “Right Now” database to maintain appropriate sales data and to submit reports in
a timely manner.
• Maintain adequate inventory of sales supplies and customer incentives.
• ServiceMaster Objectives
• Customer Orientation/Positive Impact
• Results Orientations/Sense of Urgency
• Change Mastery
• Relationship Building/Sensitivity
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
Education and Experience Requirements
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• College degree preferred
• 2 + years of outside sales or retail experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• General knowledge of the industry, organization, products, and/or services
• Demonstrated knowledge of selling techniques (prospecting, overcoming objections,
• Ability to find and assess potential sales opportunities
• Ability to build customer relationships and provide appropriate levels of customer service
• Strong communication (verbal and written)
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions,
proportions, percentages, area and circumference.
• Ability to travel locally on an extensive basis
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
This software is the confidential property of PeopleAnswers and contains proprietary information belonging to PeopleAnswers. Any unauthorized access or unauthorized reproduction of this information will be considered a criminal act and will be pursued accordingly.