|ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
An Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer – AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
At Merry Maids®, our team members do so much more than clean clients’ homes. They build trust and confidence with our clients. If you’re passionate about going above and beyond, seeking challenging work and meeting interesting people, there’s an opportunity for you at one of the world’s leading service organizations.
Merry Maids was founded in 1979 in Omaha, Neb. Now headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., Merry Maids is the largest home cleaning network in the world. We currently have more than 600 independently operated franchises and company-owned locations throughout the United States and Canada providing cleaning services to more than 300,000 homes each month.
Though we are large and nationwide, our highly trained professionals are committed to providing the highest quality service to each and every customer we do business with. We are also a member of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands® that includes: American Home Shield, AmeriSpec, Furniture Medic, ServiceMaster Clean, Terminix, and TruGreen.
Each of these companies is a leader in its respective industry. Together, they comprise ServiceMaster, the nation’s largest and most comprehensive service organization.
At Merry Maids, we maintain a working culture that fosters the highest standards of integrity, respect and professionalism. We seek people with strong character and provide them with a unique combination of independence and support, encouragement and opportunities for ongoing development and growth.
Performs assigned duties, under the direction of experienced personnel, to gain knowledge and understanding required to perform in the general management position. Receives training and performs duties in several areas (sales, support, operations, etc.) to become familiar with management viewpoints of the line and staff functions and the company policies and practices that affect each phase of the business. Responsible to lead branch operations in the absence of general manager by directing the activities of the service, sales and office managers.
• Assists with coordination of warehousing, production and sales in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Assists in directing the development and implementation of all sales/marketing strategies utilized by the branch.
• Assists with overseeing branch office functions including phone service standards, clerical services and collections.
• Develops plans for the efficient use of materials, equipment and employees.
• Assists in reviewing production costs and product quality and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operations.
• Assists in preparing monthly budget projections and annual budget reprojections.
• Evaluates associate performance, making salary recommendations and administering disciplinary actions consistent with company policy.
• Assists in evaluating the quality of service provided to customers and developing procedures to minimize customer complaints.
• Prepares regional reports. Ensures recruiting, interviewing and staffing of personnel are conducted to efficiently staff the service, sales and administrative function.
• Indirectly manages two or more supervisors and five or more operations, sales, marketing and support associates. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units.
• ServiceMaster Commitment
• Customer Orientation/Positive Impact
• Results Orientation/Sense of Urgency
• Change Mastery
• Relationship Building/Sensitivity
• Talent Development
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Organizing and Planning
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) preferred. 2+ years of experience in janitorial or related area(s) required.
• Frequently travel for training required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business procedures.
• Ability to write reports, business and customer correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to customer questions.
• Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
• Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
• Basic computer skills including Word and Excel.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, percentages).
• Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule format.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.