PRODUCE MANAGERS ensure effective and profitable operations of the produce department through sales maximization and employee growth. Produce Managers ensure customers receive polite, friendly service; are responsible for scheduling of the department; ensure department is compliant with company standards; ensure proper departmental sanitation and safe food handling practices; train and develop produce and floral department employees; and implement and maintain an in-store culture that ensures growth. The Produce Manager takes complete ownership of the department including floral and works closely with the DSD Receiver and Pricing Coordinator as well as performs all other duties assigned by management.
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Friendly, outgoing personality, and ability to work well with others
• Ability to lift 25lbs. consistently and 50lbs occasionally
• Ability to read and understand information and direction
• Knowledge of produce operations
• Ability to supervise people, including training and development
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements on the job
• Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills
• Ability to bend, kneel, stand, push/pull stock carts and operate a pallet jack for extended periods of time.
• Performs P.A. announcements.