BAKERY MANAGERS ensure effective and profitable operations of the department through sales maximization and employee growth.
The basic duties of a Bakery Manager include ensuring customers receive polite, friendly service, implementing and maintaining an in-store selling culture that ensures profitable growth, scheduling of the department, ensuring compliance with company standards, ensuring departmental sanitation and compliance with all safe food handling practices, and executing weekly pricing audits. Bakery Managers teach, train and develop their staff, ensure their employees understand all expectations for performance and hold them accountable to their achievement of productivity goals.
The incumbent should possess the skills and knowledge associated with a high school education and 3-4 years of progressive supermarket experience.
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Friendly, outgoing personality and ability to work well with others
• Ability to lift 25 lbs. consistently and 50 lbs. occasionally
• Ability to read and understand information and direction
• Knowledge of deli/bakery operations
• Ability to supervise people including training and development
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job
• Effective communication, customer service and selling skills
• Ability to bend, kneel and stand, push/pull stock carts and operate a pallet jack for extended periods of time