Purpose of Role
This position is responsible for supporting the operations of the Domestic Retail Services management team with financial analysis - including but not limited to:
• Variance and trend analysis
• New product and unit expansion
• Ad-hoc research/analysis as needed
Standard Job Description
Compiles and analyzes financial information for an organization. Develops integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations. Creates and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and ensures financial information has been recorded accurately. Identifies trends and developments in competitive environments and presents findings to management. Performs financial forecasting and reconciliation of internal accounts. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Specific Job Description
• Provides monthly & quarterly analysis and reporting for the regional operations team.
• Create and present rolling forecast for regional operations team and coordinate with the corporate finance team on business segment forecasts.
• Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
• Supports operations group during annual budget process, providing analysis, research, and reporting as needed.
• Assists with creation of monthly reporting package to executive team.
• Provides ad-hoc reporting and analysis to operations group.
• Works with the Corporate Finance team on cross-functional projects.
• Travels to field locations as needed to support local operational needs and build relationships.
• Participates in monthly review calls with the operations team and/or attends recurring field operations meetings, providing financial analysis and insight.
• Partners in strategic decisions of operations.
Span of Control
• Has no direct or indirect reports.
• Work is performed under direct supervision.
• Work deliverables are clearly defined.
• Work is reviewed periodically for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy / accuracy.
Typical Minimum Education & Experience; Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required
• Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years related experience; preferably in a corporate environment.
• Degree in finance, economics or business preferred.
• Excellent relationship building skills both within Finance group and operations; ability to quickly establish sound analytical conclusions and open lines of communication with internal customers.
• Experience with rapidly assuming new responsibilities.
• Excellent analytic skills, with advanced Microsoft Suite skills with an emphasis on Excel.
• Experience with planning/forecasting systems, Hyperion Essbase/Planning a plus.
• Ability to offer creative solutions that improve the quality of reporting and analytics for operations management.
• Travel required to support operations management; frequency varies but may average 1-2 trips per quarter.
Candidate must be able to meet any physical ability requirements necessary to perform position. The information contained in this job description is not an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position or the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management has the discretion to assign/reassign duties and responsibilities as needed. Cash America is an Equal Opportunity employer.