Purpose of Role
This role works closely with the Public Relations Manager on strategies to promote the image and reputation of Cash America. While this position is strongly aligned with public relations initiatives, it involves a strong emphasis on social media and will help lead Cash America’s efforts to effectively execute a clearly defined social media strategy to increase brand equity and online awareness. The position requires current expertise of social networking while providing strategic oversight to all current and future social media initiatives. This position is responsible for evaluating, planning, organizing, managing and contributing to all company social media sites. This role calls for an energetic worker who is able to balance their knowledge of public relations and social media to help achieve corporate objectives while promoting a consistent message and strengthening our position in the marketplace.
Standard Job Description
Prepares and disseminates information regarding an organization through newspapers, periodicals, television, radio and other forms of media. Helps maintain a favorable public image for the organization. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Specific Job Description
• Oversee and maintain company social networking sites including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, corporate blog, and apps as needed to advance company messaging, reputation and image.
• Engage regularly with Cash America’s online audience and that of its affiliates while adhering to company messaging and objectives.
• Analyze, review and report on effectiveness of sites’ through metrics and analytics and must be able to present results through speaking engagements as the thought-leader for company’s social media efforts.
• Identify, interpret and capitalize on social media trends through gathering of research to find more outreach opportunities.
• Monitor social media networks for potential threats or opportunities; ensure that deadlines and quality standards are met.
• Proactively initiate and execute new concepts and social media strategies that promote online advocacy, brand-building, community relations and promotions.
• Establish relationships with key bloggers and online influencers for outreach.
• Identify, interpret and capitalize on public relations trends to find more outreach opportunities.
• Work closely with firms and agencies for additional support.
• Other public relations or administrative duties as required.
Span of Control
• Has no direct or indirect reports
• Work is performed under moderate direction.
• Participates in determining objectives of assignments.
• May plan schedules arrange own work activities in accomplishing objectives.
• Work is shared upon completion to management along with interpretive analysis of results.
Typical Minimum Education & Experience; Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required
• Bachelors degree with 2+ years related experience.
• Degree in public relations, communications, marketing, digital media or related field
• Experience in coordinating public relations and social media strategies for clients, a corporation or brands
• Strong written, verbal and technical communication skills with thorough attention to detail
• Demonstrated experience through agency or firm preferred
• Insightful editorial skills and sound business judgment a must
• Ability to manage multiple social networking pages and sites
• Existing knowledge of social networking and monitoring tools for utilization of metrics and benchmarks to measure effectiveness
• Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative and discretion with integrity
• Great affinity for learning new technologies and tools
• Solid communication and relationship-building skills with all levels of employees, management and external stakeholders
• Effective time management skills required; ability to organize and prioritize efficiently
• Must be able to exercise excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Proficiency in AP Style writing and copywriting a must
• Actively engaged in the social media space
• Must work well independently as well as part of a team
Candidate must be able to meet any physical ability requirements necessary to perform position. The information contained in this job description is not an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position or the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management has the discretion to assign/reassign duties and responsibilities as needed. Cash America is an Equal Opportunity employer.
This software is the confidential property of PeopleAnswers and contains proprietary information belonging to PeopleAnswers. Any unauthorized access or unauthorized reproduction of this information will be considered a criminal act and will be pursued accordingly.