Purpose of Role
Position has primary responsibility for supporting the field and the corporate office through efficient processing of incoming and outgoing mail, parcels and supply orders. Also works closely with all departments to ensure distributions are coordinated effectively and economically from beginning to end. Performs routine, repetitive, and basic tasks where precedent, methods and processes are well established. Makes simple decisions, but refers most to more experienced personnel.
Standard Job Description:
Distributes and collects incoming mail. Collects and processes outgoing mail. Responsibilities include determining, affixing, and recording postage on registered mail and packages. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within field.
Specific Job Description:
• Process incoming and outgoing mail and packages in a cost effective manner while meeting vendor scheduled pick-up times.
• Collect and accurately distribute mail on a daily basis.
• Meter all outgoing mail.
• Assist other departments with the preparation, packaging & distribution of special projects.
• Process shop orders for retail operations supplies.
• Answer questions regarding the shipping/receiving of acceptable names and/or titles for business cards and name badges.
• Process business card, name badge and custom stamp orders.
• Process and file daily shipping reports.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Span of Control:
• Has no direct or indirect reports
• Direct supervision involving detailed instructions and constant checking on work performance.
• Conducts routine tasks as directed.
Typical Minimum Education & Experience; Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required:
• High school diploma or GED with 0-2 years related experience.
• 1–2 years experience working in an office environment
• Basic PC skills, including knowledge of Word and Excel
• Excellent communication skills to interact with coworkers at all levels of the organization
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to type efficiently and accurately
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to lift 40 lbs unassisted on a regular basis
• Previous mail center, shipping or customer service experience a plus
Candidate must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this job description. The information contained in this job description is not an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position or the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management has the discretion to assign/reassign duties and responsibilities as needed. Cash America is an Equal Opportunity employer.