This individual will be responsible for reviewing and processing all property tax bills, Land Lord reconciliations for Common Area Maintenance and Insurance for multiple Cash America companies. This individual will coordinate efforts with various departments; Tax, Accounts Payable, Real Estate, Accounting Construction and the outsourced external tax processing consultant. This position will also provide support for fixed asset additions, disposals, adjustments, etc.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Review property tax bills for payment
2. Coordinate Common Area Maintenance reconciliations (CAM), review, code, and prepare property tax and landlord billings for Manager Review and Accounts payable processing. Maintain contacts with landlords in order to obtain missing data.
3. Prepare monthly property tax accrual entries in Lawson
4. Reconcile and analyze property tax accounts monthly and make adjusting entries
5. Prepare annual budget for property taxes
6. Coordinate with external Property Tax Consultants on tax issues.
7. Prepare annual audit schedules in support of property taxes.
8. Provide support of the various asset functions when necessary
Minimum Attributes Required to Perform the Essential Functions of the Position:
•Bachelor’s degree required. Accounting or Finance preferred.
•2-3 years general accounting experience, Property Tax experiences a plus (Lawson).
•Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word
•Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
Scope of Supervision and Responsibility:
This position has no direct reports but will work closely with other staff accountants
Internal and External Customers:
This position will interact with various individuals:
Internally: Tax, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Construction, IT, Budget, Real Estate and management at Regional, Market and Store levels.
Externally: Property Tax Consultants, Landlords
Accountability for Results:
Pay all property tax bills timely and accurately on time.
Review and process all land lord reconciliations timely.
Maintain proper analysis of property tax accrual accounts for all cash America Companies.
Provide back up in the asset management function of the department.