The Sr. Project Director will need to understand customer strategic project/program objectives and take ownership of Infor contractual requirements defined in the Program Charter and underlying Statements of Work covering the (various) project(s). He or she will manage resources assigned to fulfill those requirements using Infor’s implementation methodology, lead implementation planning, control project plan and overall execution, develop positive relationships with all customer project stakeholders creating a high level of customer satisfaction, and help the customer realizing expected benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Sr. Project Director manages the larger key projects and works directly with the Sub-Project Managers, Solution Architects and Strategic Consultants to deliver the client road map on time and on budget. Ability to articulate Company products and solutions to customers and the value added benefits received. Consistently uses and improves the existing methodology. Includes lessons learned to Company knowledge management system.
Leadership – Demonstrate ability to provide direction to and motivate resources to achieve desired results. Mentor and develop on site teams and promote teamwork amongst peers and customer personnel. Lead by example and demonstrate a positive mental attitude. Demonstrate standard leadership traits: strategic, forward thinking, problem solving, and implementation thought leadership
Client Satisfaction – Responsible for balancing the overall satisfaction of the client while effectively representing both the client and Infor’s best interests. Work with project team to achieve high levels of client satisfaction. Is able to escalate in case of possible dis-satisfaction and organize solutions with Infor organization globally to get situation back on track. Be able to measure the effectiveness of the client end solution against the roadmap developed in the sales cycle.
Revenue & Execution – Results oriented, achieve team utilization, team revenue and team margin targets. Ability to estimate projects accurately. Anticipate client needs. Influence others to get what you want/need (i.e. other departments). Effectively manage schedule and individual resource utilization. Identifies problems proactively and leverages the organization in an efficient manner to resolve them. This position is revenue generating and is expected to be billable at least 65% of the time. Work closely with Regional Management on capacity planning, resourcing requirements for major projects & resource competence development plans. Work closely with Resource Planning on scheduling & optimization of resources & staffing of projects.
Communication & Documentation – Efficiently, effectively and appropriately establish and manage expectations through verbal and written communication. Demonstrate the ability to effectively listen and comprehend. Manage internal communication to project members.
Sales – work with Sales Solution Architects and Strategic Consultants to develop and support global client services solution roadmap.
Personal Development – Subject matter expert and thought leader for the art of implementation. Keep current as to new developments, best practices, industry trends and new innovations.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- College Graduate w/ 4 yrs. degree - Business, computer science, process engineering preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in managing successful implementations of large scale multi-product suite software implementation projects
- Certification as a PMP from PMI or equivalent
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly-changing environment working with complex projects and handling demanding customers
- Possess a high degree of project planning, organizational skills, and systems integration expertise
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external business relationships with various levels of management
- Experience working with, and or coordinating the efforts of multiple parties
- Knowledge of applicable industry terminology and practices
- Ability to manage utilization forecast and reflect a true position
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational and planning skills
- Excellent understanding of Scandinavian languages & English (minimal Cambridge C1 level or equivalent)
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work as a team member
- Professional appearance and presentation
- Knowledge of Infor company products and services is a pre
- MS-Office suite and various other software applications used as required
- May required to work additional hours as required
- High levels of stress may occur periodically
- Ability to travel regionally, nationally and internationally as required – estimated 60% - 75%