The Courtesy Clerk is responsible for providing a high level of customer service and ensuring that the customer’s groceries are handled properly to maintain quality.
- Provides a high level of prompt and friendly customer service
- Bags customer’s groceries and assists them to their cars, if needed
- Maintains a positive work environment
- Retrieves shopping carts from the lot and the surrounding area
- Returns unwanted merchandise to store shelves
- Follows all front end procedures and policies as outlined in the Bagger Manual
- Gives customers direction of product location throughout the store
- Is familiar with store events/seminars going on or upcoming
- General housekeeping; sweeps and mops floors, cleans spills, checks restrooms
- Assists with stocking shelves, facing and dusting when needed
- Maintains open and positive communication with Head Cashier at all times
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Reliable and dependable
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback
- Excellent verbal communication skills; outgoing and friendly demeanor
- Ability to perform repetitious activities
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude are essential to interact with customers and employees
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift/carry groceries horizontally/vertically weighing up to 30 lbs., from a height of 38” down to 24”, for a distance up to 6 feet for up to 30 hours without mechanical assistance
- Must horizontally transfer grocery/utility carts requiring a force up to 30 lbs., for a distance up to 100 feet for up to 10 hours
- Bilateral coupling forces up to 30 lbs. for up to 30 hours are required
- Requires repetitive squatting and bending to access a point 1 inch from the floor for up to 30 hours
- Will work inside controlled temperature, as well as outside temperatures
- Vision required for the use of cleaning materials and disinfectants; will need to read directions on labels
- 5 miles of walking per 8 hours will be required
This job may have specific physical demands including, but not limited to, the following: ability to lift up to 75 lbs.; ability to operate machinery with moving mechanical parts; and ability to bend, reach, kneel, squat, stand for a long period of time and push/pull heavy loads. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Qualified candidates will be contacted. To learn more about all of the benefits of working at Sprouts and how you can become part of our growing team, apply on-line at www.sprouts.com/careers. Sprouts Farmers Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts’ management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.