The Scan Coordinator is responsible for maintaining overall price integrity in their assigned Store. This position conducts daily, weekly, and monthly price changes, including changing shelf signs and tags, promotional signs, and bucket signs, and ensures compliance with all company and governmental compliance regulations.
- Provides prompt and friendly customer service and maintains a positive work environment
- Checks for any price updates from the corporate office, verifies, and changes as needed
- Monitors sales events for accuracy in scanning and signage; maintains current knowledge of weekly ad items and ensures pricing integrity
- Performs scan audits according to schedule
- Ensures and maintains compliance with company and governmental regulations and COOL compliance
- Maintains clean and organized scan office
- Check dates of all sales price tags to determine the accuracy of prices
- Conducts a total sign program that informs the customers of our pricing integrity, quickly and accurately making signs as needed
- Verifies weekly ad and promotional price accuracy
- Researches discrepancies and notifies Help Desk with pricing exceptions
- Acts as liaison with Help Desk for computer or register related issues
- Verifies new items for price accuracy and “not on files”
- Promotes 100% scan accuracy program
- Works closely with front end cashiers and supervisors regarding scan accuracy
- Distributes discontinued sheets and upcoming specials to appropriate personnel
- Establishes and maintains communication between Grocery Clerks and Scanning Coordinator for a smooth transition of products being delivered
- Represents the store to sales representatives and vendors in a positive and professional manner
- Informs management of any problem areas in pricing or signs throughout the store
- Other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent and 1-3 months related experience and/or training; or acceptable combination of education and experience
- Must be able to understand and effectively use billing and accounting principles and processes
- Must have strong analytical and organizational skills in order to analyze total scanning programs, and to properly maintain necessary reports and schedules
- Strong communication skills for dealing with customers, employees, and vendors
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires vertically/horizontally transferring boxes weighing up to 17 lbs., from 1” to 34”, up to a distance of 8 feet for up to 1 hour
- Will use a cart to horizontally transfer supplies requiring a force up to 15 lbs., for a distance up to 300 feet for up to 100 hours
- Coupling forces up to 10 lbs. for up to 100 hours required for scan gun; 7 lbs. and 30 hours for staple gun
- Must use a 2 step stool for up to 20 steps per hour
- Repetitive crouching/kneeling/squatting to access a point 6 inches from the ground for up to 50 hours will be necessary
- Will work inside controlled temperatures
- Vision required reading and setting signs, stapling, scanning, and using a computer to activate new pricing
- Walking up to 4 miles per 8 hours is expected
This job may have specific physical demands including, but not limited to, the following: ability to lift up to 75 lbs.; ability to operate machinery with moving mechanical parts; and ability to bend, reach, kneel, squat, stand for a long period of time and push/pull heavy loads. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Qualified candidates will be contacted. To learn more about all of the benefits of working at Sprouts and how you can become part of our growing team, apply on-line at www.sprouts.com/careers. Sprouts Farmers Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts’ management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.