SONIC is all about having fun while you work and gaining a sense of accomplishment along the way. Not only do you work with fantastic people, you'll get
great pay, flexible hours and a cool uniform.
As a Carhop, you will be responsible for serving and delivering quality food in a clean, safe, and efficient manner while ensuring our guests will have an
enjoyable experience at the Sonic Drive-In. Duties may include:
- Ensuring that all menu items meet operational standards
- Greeting all guests in a polite and friendly manner with a smile
- Carrying and balancing a tray weighing up to 25 pounds
- Serving our guests in a timely manner
- Clearing trays from our guests’ cars
Depending upon the employment practices of the individual Sonic Drive-In owner, some Sonic Drive-Ins employ Skating Carhops:
- Skating Carhops are unique to the Sonic brand and bring a special “surprise and delight” element to the guest experience.
- Skating Carhops must complete the Sonic Skating Training Program.
- Upon successful completion of this program, Skating Carhops perform the above duties tasks while roller skating.
In the words of one of our Skating Carhops
"From where I'm skating, working at Sonic is a blast and the tips are great too!"
What we’re looking for...
- Friendly and smiling team members that enjoy providing courteous service to our guests!
- A willingness to cross-train on all the stations – it never gets boring here!
- Team members who have a passion for Sonic!
- A team player keen on cleanliness and safety.
Sure, classic cars and vintage threads may be things of the past, but the Sonic Drive-In experience will always be groovy, right on, awesome, wicked, fab,
the bee’s knees, cruisin’ . . . you get the picture! It’s downright sensational!!
All that’s missing is you so Apply Today!
Sonic and its independent franchise owners are Equal Opportunity Employers.
- Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to be flexible in all situations based on business need
- Effective communication skills; basic math and reading skills
- Abide by the company’s appearance, uniform and hygiene standards
Skating Carhop requirements:
- Successful completion of the Sonic Skating Training Program
- Roller skate proficiently and frequently on various surfaces when delivering food
- Ability to continuously stand, balance and carry a tray, and sweep while roller skating
- General knowledge and understanding of the restaurant industry or retail operations preferred, but not required