Donohoe Hospitality Services is always looking for the most qualified and experienced professionals in the industry. We invite you to view our current career opportunities and apply.
To assist the executive chef in the day to day running of the kitchen.
1. Ensure that all kitchen staff is familiar with the day’s requirements.
2. Make sure that inventory is on hand at the right quality and quantity.
3. Ensure that all statutory, as well as company, hygiene regulations are being strictly adhered to.
4. Ensure that all maintenance problems are timely reported and followed up.
5. Ensure that all communications between restaurant and kitchen run smoothly.
6. Make sure that each cook receives the correct orders for the appropriate tables.
7. Monitor output of kitchen for quality, presentation, quantity and correct temperature.
8. Instill safety and sanitation habits in all employees.
9. Assist Executive Chef in organizing the production technique for large banquets.
10. Utilize a hands on approach to training and developing kitchen staff.
11. Assist Executive Chef in maintaining and monitoring budgeted food and non-food costs.
12. Monitor compliance with check handling/food issuing procedures.
13. Assist Executive Chef with monthly paperwork including but not limited to accounts payable, inventory, food cost, transfers and A&G transfers.
14. Assist Executive Chef in training and monitoring food safety and sanitation procedures.
15. Make daily inspections of the kitchen and storage areas for cleanliness, sanitation and maintenance issues.
16. Assist Executive Chef in developing, implementing and monitoring food presentation and portion controls for each menu item.
17. Assist in developing and maintaining recipe cards for each menu item.
18. Monitor area cleanliness to ensure that HACCP procedures are being followed.
19. Train staff on new culinary techniques as necessary.
20. Monitor food handling and storage procedures to ensure HACCP procedures are being followed.
21. Train all staff to effect good portion control and pleasing presentation of dishes.
22. Prepare innovative entrees and crusine.
23. Assist Executive Chef in standardizing recipes and constructing plating instructions.
24. Stay current on new products that can improve quality and/or lower costs.
25. Adhere to all work rules procedures and policies established by the hotel, including but not limited to, those contained in the employee handbook.
Education and Experience:
- 2 or 4 year formal culinary degree or formal apprenticeship.
Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of food handling and preparation techniques.
This software is the confidential property of PeopleAnswers and contains proprietary information belonging to PeopleAnswers. Any unauthorized access or unauthorized reproduction of this information will be considered a criminal act and will be pursued accordingly.